All About NBR® Hair Extensions

    NBR stands for Natural Beaded Rows, this technique is proven to be the least damaging extension because they have the least amount of contact points. I make the wefts to blend perfectly with your natural hair including how thick and heavy they are. Every extension client is completely different, not a single row will be the same compared to machine tied being bulky, heavy, and unmatchable. To an average color client, you will not have just one or two colors on your natural hair, you have past colors that don’t just go away so with NBR I mix different colored wefts to make a row specifically to your freshly colored hair. 

How it all started:

    When I started at De Luxe Aesthetics I didn’t realize all the plans Kari had envisioned for me. I applied for the cosmetologist slot she opened up knowing I’d start with lashing, facials, and more because the salon wouldn’t be ready until the new year.

    Few days in we talked about extensions and that there’s a course that she wanted to sign me up for it was a really big challenge but I took the risk and signed the contract because I believed in myself and the technique and I truly believe if I put all my effort in one thing I could truly be the best.

    It was a four-month class with live webinars and an instructor right there for any and all questions I had, plus a whole group of people in the same boat as me, so we were able to learn and help each other. The instructors made sure all our questions were answered and that we were doing the correct technique and tension with the beam placement and density of the hair in the bead.

    I’ve helped with extensions in the past and have seen a lot of breakage but this technique was completely different! I knew it was very invasive and the integrity of the hair would be protected. With most extensions, you use a whole row of hair with little to no hair in between the beads which causes a lot of breakage let alone you intertwined the sting in the hair connected to the bead putting a ton of tension which has resulted in balding in the rowed area. The technique I have been taught is called NBR ( Natural Beaded Rows ) it is a small amount of hair in a bead with an inch apart in between and instead of the hair being stitched into the beaded hair I actually make a track that the hair is stitched to making it a lot safer on the hair. Honestly, people with fine and thin hair should really consider this technique I’d be worried about the integrity of your hair after the “Habit” technique.

    I have now entered the DKW Styling Academy which is a 12-month program to really dive into NBR with business marketing and sales classes to help me be the best I can be. If I truly didn’t believe I could be the best I wouldn’t have signed a contract for $15,000 because that is what this class cost... yes you read that right. This course is so in-depth that I actually get to travel and learn in person from the best to know that I am the best in my town. It’s a gigantic risk but I’m here for it! It’s a career and a lifestyle. I’m not settling for cuts and color. I am more than “just a hairstylist.” I have learned in this course that I can be more, without working my life away, and you bet I’m gonna push myself in being the best!

    After this 12 month course, I will be a Certified NBR Stylist and will be known by the best where if they have someone ask where the closest NBR Salon is to a client and that near me they will send them to me because the founder will know my work and can vouch for me telling them they are in good hands. On top of this course, I will get yearly trained to make sure I am still up and correct on my technique.

    I know this is the best technique because it wasn’t given to me in a one day course like The Habit technique... those stylists train for maybe 6 hours and offer the service knowing that it can damage your hair... I trained for 4 months before I did the service because I want the integrity of your hair to be the best when you feel it’s time to remove it.

    This technique is much more than just extensions, it’s confidence, self-love, happiness, and so much more. If you could thicken your hair and have the length you’ve always dreamed of with minimal damage to your hair would you? Because I know I would and know many that have.
The Difference with NBR Hair:

    The difference with NBR is that this technique is NBR extensions are different from other methods because they are very intricate and detailed. I customize them from beginning to end starting with how long the track is, what angle the track is placed, how many wefts are placed on each track, coloring the wefts, what texture of weft is used, how many rows are used, and last but not least the blend and length. That is why they offer better results than any other method. They are made to meet your individual needs.

    Another reason NBR stands out is their BMS Program, along with online training you actually fly out to Laguna Beach and have hands-on training with the woman who started it all Danielle White, and her amazing team of trainers! This marketing knowledge helps me market my new skills as an artist and grow a business along with keeping the integrity of your hair intact. 

FAQ’s about NBR:

Can I put my hair up?

Of course, you can! It will be tight at first but when you have a bit of a grow out you will be able to style your hair however you please and that includes top knots!

Will you be able to see the difference between my hair and the extensions?

No with the correct color, placement, amount, and the cut of the wefts will hide and blend your hair from the extensions.

Can I do a long bob?

The answer is yes! Just because you get extensions does not mean you have to have long mermaid hair!

Do I have to add length with extensions?

The answer is no! You can add thickness and bulk without the length!

Hair Reviews:

Kari: “ I got extensions honestly because I wanted to feel beautiful. I remember when I looked in the mirror for the first time I literally said “Aaannd my confidence just went up 10 points”. Beautiful is how I felt, but what I wasn’t expecting was to save time in the mornings! Seriously, I do my hair one day and I’m good for a good 3 days! It’s the best thing that happened to me. I just don’t see myself without them ever again! These are by far the best extensions I’ve ever had, and I’ve had just about every kind! “

Holly: “ Impressed is the word I would use to describe my hair extensions! I knew they would turn out beautiful but I was so impressed with the final result. The blending and beadwork are seamless. I also got a huge confidence boost to my self-esteem. I feel so beautiful with my new hair and I love putting in minimal styling work to get amazing hair every day! If you need a confidence boost, and who doesn’t? Schedule your appointment for NBR hair extensions! “

Ali: “ They make getting ready take less time because the hair holds for DAYS and I have to usually do minimal touch-ups if at all. It’s a huge confidence boost, and I can’t imagine ever going without them! “

Deseree: “ My hair has always been thin, I’ve never had thick hair. As I’ve gotten older my hair is even thinner. I now have thick hair! Hairstyles or Braids that were impossible before I can now do! Before I could pull all of my hair up with one Bobby Pin. One!!! One Bobby Pin! Now one Bobby Pin can only hold up just a few strands of my hair. I’m still in awe with all of the hair I have!! “

Washing with Extensions

  1. You want to start by clipping each layer of weft making it easier to get to your natural hair that is in between each section. 
  2. Second, you want to wash your natural hair starting at the nape, once the shampoo is lathered you want to drop your first clip to access the hair between your main row and your bottom row.
  3. Lather in between your main row and bottom row, once lathered drop your second clip holding the main row up. 
  4. If you have a mini row you will have another chip to wash between, if you don’t you will finish lathering with shampoo on the top portion of your head.
  5. Rinse out scrubbing between the wefts making sure all the soap is out 
  6. With the conditioner, you want to focus on the ends of your natural hair and the ends of the wefts and rinse out completely. 
  7. Once your hair is towel-dried you will need to put your hair oil on the wefts.

Comments

Popular Posts